Sunday, May 13, 2012
Look at that! I have received an award, thanks to the generosity of Tracy at Pull Up a Toadstool. :-)
The rules say to pass it along to six people, however since I have such a small and dedicated group of commenters, I am leaving it open to any of you to accept this award and continue passing it along. You all deserve it!
The rules also say that I'm supposed to come up with a list of ten facts about myself that are not widely known. This I shall endeavour to do. It's going to be tough, because I've spilled almost every detail about my life on this blog at some point. Here goes:
1) As a baby, I was an early reader, but a late walker.
2) It saddens me considerably that I cannot wear most shades of yellow. Yellow makes me look blotchy and ill. Too bad, because it's such a pretty colour.
3) When I was four years old I had a dream that I still remember. In it, the creatures from "Where the Wild Things Are" kidnapped me from my daycare nap room. They were planning on eating me for dinner. They sat me on their kitchen counter while they prepared a salad. I guess even scary monsters need their veggies. (N.B. The salad was blue.)
4) My middle name was supposed to be "Alexandra", but my grandmother complained to my mother that this would make my full name too long. "Such a big name for such a little girl!" she said. So my mother shortened my middle name to Ann. I wish she hadn't. I would have loved to have a long, romantic name like a character from a Russian novel.
5) I can lean forward and put the palms of my hands flat on the floor without bending my knees.
6) I have trouble opening bottles and jars. Recently I was so frustrated and thirsty that I came this close to asking a random young man on the subway to open a bottle of apple juice for me. Fortunately, with a lot of red-faced straining and hand pain, I managed to get it open myself.
7) [Squeamish alert: skip this one if you have a weak stomach.] I have a scar on my right leg from when I was six years old. I was running up a flight of stairs after a friend, when she knocked a framed piece of artwork off the wall. The piece hit the stairs and shattered. A chunk of glass flew into my leg. My mother took me to the doctor but refused to let him give me stitches, as she felt the process would be traumatizing, so the remaining scar is relatively large. It doesn't bother me much. I don't bare my legs above the knee anyway.
8) I used to walk with an exaggerated turn-out like Charlie Chaplin. I wore orthotics for four years in my early 20's to correct my gait.
9) I have really great teeth. They're straight, strong, and never give me any trouble.
10) I love to write, but I haven't been inspired to write fiction since I was a teenager. Sometimes I wonder if I should try my hand at a very short story, and see what happens. But there's so much interesting real stuff happening all the time, and it takes precedence.
Alright kidoodles! Grab the challenge and run with it! It's all yours.
Posted by Sparkling Red at 6:19 PM