Saturday, May 18, 2013

Let's Go Shopping

It's mom's birthday next weekend.  Seriously, we have to get her something.  Don't worry, it won't be difficult.

The easiest option would be to get her a book, but that might not be the best idea.  She has a problem with buying more books than she can read.  She's already years behind in her reading schedule.

I know - let's get her something to wear.  Let's go for a walk to Winners!

Here we go.  Doot de doo...


What a lovely day.


Spring flowers are so puuuuuurty!

Alright, we have arrived at the store.  Let's see what they have that might be appropriate for my mom's 68th birthday.

Union jack skinny jeans?



Mmm... nope.

Swan pants?


Better, but still not what I'm looking for.

What the - they have the nerve to charge $15 for these rags that were salvaged from a bear-attack victim?  Sheesh.  That's tragic.  Whoever it was obviously lost both their legs to the crotch.


For $25 you can get a colourful version.


LOL - nope!

Wait, what's this lovely array of denim over here?


Oooh, banana-yellow.  I'll just grab these to try on...


Oh no, I'm shopping for myself now!  HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?  *spends another 45 minutes shopping for self*

Ah, that's the ticket.  A pretty summer blouse for mom.  Excellent!


*buys flowery shirt for mom, banana shorts for self*

Okay, that was fun.  Let's head home now.  Hey look, baby pine cones!  Aren't they cute?


THE END

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I think she'll like that blouse, and enjoy your banana jeans. :)

Jenski said...

Sounds like a successful outing to me! And yes baby pine cones are cute.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Do they have the Union Jack skinny jeans in my size???

G. B. Miller said...

Ahh, the pleasant version of poking fun at one's self. :D

Sparkling Red said...

Lynn: I'm already enjoying them, just because I get to say "banana jeans".

Jenski: I also like to fondle new, rubbery spruce shoots.

Ron: Yes. I bought them for you.

G.B.: That's basically what it sounds like inside my head all day every day.

DarcKnyt said...

I can see I have a looooong way to go before I reach your level of achievement with photo essays and posts! Fantastic fun, and great pictures too! Do you carry a camera, or is that simply your phone?

Beautiful shots and great commentary too! Brilliant. :)

Granny Annie said...

That is a very pretty blouse and your mother will love it. My daughter does a great job with her shopping selections for me....and yes she usually manages to do a little shopping for herself.

Vanessence7 said...

Oooh, pretty pictures! Love the flowering shrubs and trees. :)

You made me LOL in real life with your bear attack shorts. That was funny, Spark! :D

Mom will love the blouse, it's so cute!

And who could resist banana pants? Love the color, love saying it. Win-win. :)

Great photo essay, as usual, Spark. :)

Sparkling Red said...

DarcKnyt: Thanks! It's my phone camera. I'm way too lazy to carry around a whole separate camera everywhere.

Granny Annie: I'm glad you approve! :-)

Vanessa: Thanks! I'm glad you like my fashion critique. Who are you wearing? Betsy Johnson? Karl Lagerfeld? No - even more exclusive: Angry bear! }:-[ ]