Monday, December 22, 2008

More Glad Tidings

Good news # 1!

San has been ever so kind, and honoured me with a very flattering award:

To quote San's blog, The PREMIO DARDOS award is "given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing." Wow. That's one classy recommendation! I feel truly humble.

Of course an honour like this must be passed on. After deep and searching thought, I have chosen the following honourees:

1) Ron at Warped Mind of Ron, because he writes in so many styles: poetry, fiction, and memoir. How much more literary can you get?

2) Whatigosofar because he's definitely transmitting his personal values through original writing. No punches pulled on this blog.

3) Nilsa at Somi is never afraid to speak her mind. She does so charmingly and gracefully.

4) Keera at A Roll in the Universe posts snapshots, both literal and literary, of life in Norway.

5) Dianne at Forks Off the Moment is deserving in every way, especially with regard to ethical values.

Congratulations to all y'all! ;-)

Good News #2!

Slowly but surely, I have recuperated from my spell of ill health. The aches and pains are gone, as is the shortness of breath. My hands no longer require five minutes of warm-up exercises before they can be used in the morning. I'm not breaking out in hives either. I'm still more tired than usual, but other than that, I'm back to my normal self again.

Of course the blood tests didn't show any significant results. I guess it was just my body's wild and crazy way of responding to stress. This whole past year has been pretty challenging, what with my mom and step-dad's divorce and me being caught in the middle. I don't think it's any coincidence that my health crumbled shortly after my mom finally said that she was starting to feel alright again. I was running on empty, and when I learned that she didn't need me to be strong for her anymore, I just went down like a puppet with my strings cut. 10 months of accumulated tension was finally released.

I'll be taking it easy for a while longer. I can feel that I need a long rest. A few days off for the holidays couldn't have come at a better time!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you very much.

Personal values, eh? My uninformed rants about all things, politically incorrect though they may be, are happy to know they are being appreciated.

Now keep getting better and stuff yourself full of food this week. It's one of the few times we can eat without guilt. That's right. It's National Fat Week.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Thanks, doll! What a great holiday gift! Glad you're taking some time to be good to you. We should all do that more than we do!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Thank you so very much. Not sure my little corner of the web deserves this award, but I won't turn it down. Glad you are feeling better and watch your stress levels.

Unknown said...

So glad that you got the award and even gladder (is that a word?) that you are feeling better

Dianne said...

I am so glad that the test didn't show anything and that you're feeling stronger

have a wonderful holiday rest

thank you for this very lovely award and for putting me in such good company - I appreciate that!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the award! Woot!

Sparkling Red said...

WIGSF: I find your political incorrectness refreshing.
National Fat Week, eh? Good to know. I'm already on it: lots of homemade cookies are flooding into my workplace, and someone has to eat them before they go stale.

Nilsa: Happy Hanukkah (however you spell it) and Merry Christmas!

Ron: You sure do deserve it! I don't think you realize that you have a natural skill for good writing. OK, so maybe sometimes you could use the assistance of a copy-editor... but that's really not the important part.

Sabrae: Thanks! Me too. :-) I hope I get more energy back soon. I'm starting to get bored with my identity as That Girl Who Always Goes to Bed Early.

Dianne: Thank you! I'm almost salivating just thinking of all the naps I'm going to have. ;-)

Unsigned: Woot Woot! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are getting better. Stay safe, rest and take your time to restore those batteries of yours!

Jameil said...

i'm glad illness has gone and congrats on the award!

Keera Ann Fox said...

Congratulations on the award, Spark! And thank you for passing it on to me.

I'm always amused at what people think my blog is about. Never matches what I think it's about. :-)

Jenski said...

I am so glad to hear you are on the mend and taking it easy!