Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grace in Small Things #3

1) The surprise promised by Ken a vase filled with perfect roses. Deep red, white, and pale peachy-pink.

2) I slept poorly last night. I woke up feeling drained, dizzy, and cranky. I dragged myself through my morning routine and was about to force myself off to work when I realized: Hey I’m the manager! My bosses don’t even work in the same building! I have no meetings planned and there’s no one to tell me off for being late! I went back to sleep for another hour and a half.

3) Feeling the sun warm the back of my neck on my walk to work. Spring.

4) One of my coworkers wore glittering shamrock Deely Boppers all day long. I couldn’t look at her without smiling.

5) In a little more than one hour I’ll be lying on a table, gittin’ a massage.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that I live in a world where a 'deely bopper' is a real thing.

Dianne said...

I just went and read #1 and #2

you make me smile

I think you're grace in a small package

Unknown said...

Oh, that sounds like a perfect day :)!

Kate said...

I want to be my own boss again.

Anonymous said...

Ken is such a sweet guy!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

You get massages at work??? I so want in on this!! Wait, ummm.... are we talking massages or "Massages"? LOL

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I'm not really a flower kind of girl, but every once in a while they definitely do make me smile!

Sparkling Red said...

WIGSF: I had to look that one up. I've used it in conversation but never had occasion to write it down before.

Dianne: Aw! You're sweet. :-)

Nicole: It was pretty darn great.

Kate: I love my job. I get all the freedom of being almost my own boss, without the financial stress of being the business owner. It's perfect!

Unsigned: You bet!

Ron: I don't get massaged at work. Well, one time I had this sleazy boss and he tried to get the squeeze on me... but I wasn't cooperative. And of course it's a proper massage, not a Rub-n-Tug. Although I do love the term Rub-n-Tug, on a purely linguistic level.

Nilsa: I wouldn't have considered myself a flower-type girl, but Ken has converted me.

Jenski said...

It's amazing how that little extra unplanned sleep on a work day feels. :-)