Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Grace in Small Things #6

The context: my 2nd day home sick with a cold.  Ken works from home so he's around to witness all the sneezing.

1)  Ken called in sick for me so that I wouldn't have to deal with talking to co-workers first thing in the morning when I was all bleary and phlegm-clogged.

2)  Then he brought me a bagel with marmalade and almond butter and a glass of cranberry juice for breakfast - in bed. 

3)  Later, he came out to the living room check on me and found me wilted on the couch in front of the TV.  Without a word, he brought a blanket and tucked it all around me and up under my chin.

4)  "Are you hungry for lunch?  How about Mexican?  I'll just go to the store, and when I come back I'll cook you a nice, hot lunch."

5)  He also brought home a big jug of orange juice.

10 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Your Ken is dreamy. He's really really wonderful to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

When you're done with him send him over my direction. Tell him Mexican is good with me too. Cough.. hack...

Anonymous said...

Ken is such a sweet guy. Everyone needs a man like him!

Anonymous said...

When Ken's done over there, send him up north to Maple. I'm feeling a bit under the weather too. And I prefer Italian to Mexican.

Karen said...

Next time I am sick, can Ken come down for a few days to take care of me??

Unknown said...

Ken really is the Best! :)
Hope you feel better soon and quick!

LL Cool Joe said...

Can I borrow Ken for a while too? :D

By the way. You've won an award. You'll have to go to my blog to find out what and then you can kill me, after Ken's been to visit, that is.

Cough..cough...

Sparkling Red said...

I'm seeing a good business opportunity in the possibility of Rent-A-Ken. Someone just needs to invent a teleportation device to eliminate the barriers of travel time, and we'd be off to the races!

Now is everyone actually sick all at the same time, or are some of you faking because you want orange juice and homemade burritos?
;-)

Jameil said...

mexican food AND oj!!??! that could have been the only thing in your grace note and i would've been SOLD!!! a million cheers for ken!! idk why but when rashan was sick the sight of him snuggling even further under a blanket with just a head sticking out STILL makes me laugh! lol. i still brought him oj but it was FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sick at all. That was a fib. I just want some orange juice. But I don't live that far.